J. Robert Beyster Papers - Content
J. Robert Beyster Papers at UCSD Special Collections
The J.R. Beyster papers constitute over fifty years of documents demonstrating the vision, entrepreneurship, and nationally important innovations of J.R. Beyster and of Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), as a San Diego based and privately-held, employee-owned company.
We are pleased to announce that we have embarked on the year-long processing of these papers, and are excited about what we have found already! This collection will be available at Special Collections & Archives at UC San Diego Library in 2017 and more updates will be provided along the way.
This Collection is a historical preservation of the technological, managerial, and employee-ownership innovations of Dr. Beyster and SAIC. FED and the Beyster Family are excited about working with Leidos and UCSD, a global education leader, on this first phase of archiving. Our goal is for educators and researcher to have access to this unique source on San Diego business, scientific ingenuity of national and global impact, and employee-owner enabled entrepreneurial practices so that others may build off of the learnings of Dr. Beyster and SAIC.
More about Dr. Beyster here
- UCSD Press Release – J.R Beyster Papers, December 2015
- San Diego Union Tribune Article – UCSD to house papers of SAIC founder Bob Beyster, January 2016
- Beyster Institute's Employee Ownership Insights – Mary Ann Beyster’s Article, March 2016
We would like to thanks Leidos and UCSD Special Collections & Archives, with special thanks to:
- From Leidos: Ryan Pohl, Kristy Heller, LaFayette “Jay” Atkinson, Randy Welch, Rae Kligys, and Chris Buffoni
- From UCSD: Lynda Claassen and Laurel Dougherty
- Archivist and Phase I Processor: Kimberly Schwenk